Come Join our Team – Summer Student Wanted!
Windsor Hockey Heritage Society
Assistant Historical Interpreter
(Summer Student Opportunity)
To be eligible
You must be between 15 and 30 years of age, have been registered as a full time student in the previous academic year and intend to return as a student on a full time basis in the next academic year; be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under immigration and refugee Act 2; and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Greeting museum guests, conducting tours and answering questions
- Retail inventory, sales and cash control
- Small reports, such as visitation statistics and sales records
- Maintaining, safeguarding and organizing museum displays and exhibits
- Assist with archiving and organizing historical and society records
- Assisting with museum collection inventory and management
- Public presentations, exhibits and displays
- Temporary museum displays and exhibits
- Assisting Hockey Heritage staff and Board as needed.
- Working with and assisting Haliburton staff when needed under the instruction and supervision thereof
- Conducting work in a respectful and safe manner while insuring the integrity of the Hockey Heritage and Haliburton House Museum
- General maintenance duties, such as sweeping, dusting, vacuuming, cleaning washroom, emptying garbage, and other duties as needed
The term of employment is approximately 10 weeks June 19 – August 27, 2017 for 30 hours per week. The rate of pay is $10.95 per hour.
Please apply today with cover letter and resume before June 1, 2017. Applications can be sent to
By Email: BirthplaceOfHockey@gmail.com
Mail: Windsor Hockey Heritage Society PO Box 430 Windsor NS B0N 2T0