The Windsor Hockey Heritage Society is seeking to hire a summer student for the 2016 season. The Windsor Hockey Heritage Museum is collocated in the Haliburton House Museum in Windsor Nova Scotia, the Birthplace of Hockey.
For those interested in applying for the position the job description and requirements are as noted below.
Job Description and Requirements:
To be eligible, students must:
– be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
– have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
– be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Act2; and,
– be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
The Successful candidate will be responsible for
• Organizing exhibits and displays
• Cataloguing and inventory of artifacts
• Archiving and organizing historical and Society records
• Inventory and cash control
• Public presentations, greeting visitors, answering questions and conducting tours of the museum visitors
The term of employment is approximately 9 weeks at 40 hours per week between June 1st and Aug 30, 2016. The rate of pay is $10.90 per hour.
Please apply with cover letter and resume before June 1 2016. Applications can be sent via email to BirthplaceOfHockey@gmail.com or by post to:
Windsor Hockey Heritage Society
PO Box 430 Windsor NS