Back to King’s/ Haliburton excerpt of Anson Map
Back to Birthplace Index
Plan of the Township of Windsor from an Actual Survey by Wm. Anson Deputy Surveyor  1820
Excerpt From – Plan of the Township of Windsor from an Actual Survey by Wm. Anson Deputy Surveyor
(Handwritten note reads "about 1820")
PANS V7/230 – 1820
(Copy) J.A. McCallum Dy (?) Surveyor 1893 –
Shows – J Clark Esq’s lands
Shows – Kings College Lands purchased from John Clark in 1789
Shows – Land owned by John Clark which he sold to T.C. Haliburton in 1833
Shows – Butler Estate, "Martock"

NOTE: Loomer, Leslie – Windsor, Nova Scotia, a journey in history –
Published by the West Hants Historic Society, Windsor, Nova Scotia, 1996
HRL 971,635 L863w

Pg 124…
Spruce Grove Farm was the Isaac Deschamps property…

The merchant, Benjamin DeWolf bought the Grove…

Lord and Lady Dalhousie spent much of the summer at the Grove, which they had leased. In 1822, William Anson, a deputy surveyor, demonstrated his superior skill in penmanship and drawing to produce a large map of the grove properties belonging to the Fraser boys…

Haliburton had Anson copy a map for use in his History. Haliburton referred to him as "a beautiful draftsman"…